The key findings of the survey of the 35860 wireless networks (in 12 Indian cities) are:
- 37% appeared to be unprotected.
- 49% were using WEP encryption.
- Balance 14% were using the more secure WPA/WPA2.
The authors say that this makes around 86% of the observed wireless networks vulnerable, but we’d add that remaining 14% are not totally secure. Why? Check our Wireless Security Auditor 🙂